OUR A.LOVELACE TRAINEESHIP
Are you passionate about coding? Are you eager to familiarize yourself with Requirements and Systems Engineering? Great! We’d be very excited to receive your application for our A.Lovelace Traineeship – especially if you’re a female tech talent who wants to follow the footsteps of Ada Lovelace, who is considered as the first female programmer. This is why our trainee program is named after her.
While you’re helping us shape the future of automotive mobility, we want to help you shape your own future. Based on your interests and potential, you’ll design your 12-month trainee program individually, accompanied by a supervisor and a mentor. We ensure that we will provide the appropriate and flexible setting in order for you to optimize your growth and personal development.
You will gain insights into a variety of specialized areas, including exciting projects in software development. Through these project assignments, you will familiarize yourself with CARIAD and gain an extensive network within the company. Your experience and participation on exciting events, interesting training courses, independent project work and connections with experts will enable and support you on your CARIAD journey.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work either in the development of driver assistance systems, infotainment functions or in a central team responsible for processes, methods and tools for systems engineering
- Analyze and structure the requirements in accordance with customer needs, regulations and relevant technology trends
- Create detailed specifications and perform requirements modelling, -integration and -application of functions
- Ensure continuous alignment and collaboration with other development teams, experts and stakeholders
- Promote diversity and intercultural competence as an ambassador to drive these topics within and outside CARIAD
- Participate in trainee events and support the further development of our trainee program for the next generations
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues according to agile values
WHO YOU ARE
- Successful completion in a bachelor or master’s degree program in informatics, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or a comparable area
- Practical experiences in software and systems development
- Ability to work independently as well as have good organizational skills, conceptual thinking and project management experience
- Passion for innovative products, current tech trends and the future of automotive mobility
- Extraordinary commitment in professional as well as interdisciplinary activities
- Keen interest in agile methods and creative ways of working
NICE TO KNOW
- You are more than welcome to submit a 2-minute elevator pitch video stating your motivation for our trainee program. Please ensure that you upload your most recent resume along with your transcript of records and relevant certifications
- Starting date: 01.10.2022
- Permanent contract
- 35-hour weeks, flex time, remote/mobile work
- Personal development through professional and interdisciplinary trainings and trainee-specific events
- Transparent, collaborative and diverse culture
It is worth being quick! An early application increases your chances. You are eligible to apply as long as the job vacancies are still published online.
WE ARE CARIAD
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we'll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together with you, we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it.