Are you looking for the opportunity to use your structured approach and great communications skills to make a difference in energy sales? Danske Commodities is one of the most successful energy trading companies in Europe, and right now we are looking for a colleague, who can support our growing customer business.
About the job
Danske Commodities - enabling the energy transition
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most and making green energy more profitable. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy major Equinor, operating under our own name and brand.
Origination at DC – linking the business with its customers
Origination is part of DC’s Global Trading & Market Development team, and we are here to help shape the future of energy trading. You will join the customer-facing unit in DC; the Origination team is the link between Physical Asset Management and Trading on one hand and Business Relationship Management on the other hand. As the link to our customers – primarily wind and solar park owners – you will conduct analyses, assist with development of new business strategies and help market our products and services.
Help connect the dots
As our new Originator, your service skills will provide the best possible support to the team. You will help prepare business cases, various reporting to internal stakeholders, eg. Legal and Business Controlling, and presentations for both internal and external purposes. In other words, you will help connect the dots between our external sales activities and our internal strategy and processes. The goal is that you become the backbone of German asset management in the renewables space.
Entry-level profile with great stakeholder management skills
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our business principles. Your first assignment will be to follow the data handling process that assists us in realising our strategic beliefs and value creation – all with a great focus on stakeholder management. Together with your colleagues, you will map out the process flow and explore optimisation opportunities. You will help nurture the relationship with our customers as well as counterparties, such as grid operators. And in time, you will play a significant role in the entire value creation of our renewables business in Germany. We offer great flexibility on your work setup, welcoming you to work from home and/or from our office in Hamburg.
You will play a vital role in danske commodities’ global expansion and nurture our most important asset – our customers - Marco Verspuij, Director, Head of Origination.
- manage and facilitate relations with renewables asset owners in Germany
- participate in contract negotiations
- drive stakeholder management both internally and externally
- follow data/information flows thoroughly
- optimise and automate work processes
- assist in customer on-boarding/off-boarding processes
- ensure that work processes are executed flawlessly
- support with ad hoc tasks (administration, analyses, research on regulation changes, lead creation etc.)
We expect that you:
- have an educational background in business administration, international business, economics, engineering or similar
- have a natural flair and/or interest for commercial activities
- preferably, have 1-2 years of experience working within the (renewable) energy sector - but we are open to newly graduated candidates as well
- are a German native speaker
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are independent and a self-starter as well as a team collaborator – you will join a team, but you will also work independently on some tasks
- are curious, proactive and outgoing – as you will cooperate with customers, colleagues and stakeholders across markets and the organisation
- see opportunities where others see problems – you have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, choosing the best solution for each problem
- take a holistic approach to the job and provide a high level of service, no matter the size of the task, as we support multiple stakeholders
professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- great development and career opportunities within Danske Commodities and Equinor
About the company
Danske Commodities is an energy trading company, specialising in short-term power and gas trading. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most.
With 15 years of experience, we utilise our expertise, unmatched market presence and 24/7 trading setup to offer balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers.