Reporting to PEG´s Head of Regulatory Compliance the Compliance Expert will have primary responsibility to conduct regular testing and assessment activities and maintain regulatory compliance files / licences to , in particular Implementation of regulatory requirements in Portfolio Management and Client facing activities.
Implementation and assessment of innovative ideas and implementation / use of new technologies to support Compliance testing, Maintaining procedures for identification, reporting and resolution of breaches,complaints and other regulatory issues, Training of all members of staff to improve understanding of policies and regulatory environment, develop targeted training strategies for different business areas to make training relevant to business activities, Conflict management such as Code of Ethics administration including Personal
Account Dealing monitoring and Gifts and Entertainment processes, Responsibility for filing obligations, including maintenance of Compliance calendar and EMEA Branch oversight program, Coordination and support of internal and external audits.
The EMEA Regulatory Compliance team is charged with identifying key risk areas for Compliance and adapting the Compliance program accordingly. This
requires “horizon” scanning” for regulatory changes, expectations voiced by regulators through various publications and industry best practices to assess the potential for
enhancing the EMEA Compliance program in close collaboration with the broader EMEA Compliance team.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to the wider regulatory compliance team as well as to get involved in local, regional and global project work and working groups.
- At least 4 to 6 years of compliance/legal/audit experience with a global financial services organization or Audit firm with focus on advice for financial services organizations.
- Previous experience as a Compliance Officer in a Financial Services firm or KVG with a deep understanding of all aspects of asset management would be ideal. Alternatively, experience from a Financial Service firms Audit or Risk Management background is essential.
- Expertise in financial products is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory environment in Germany obtained either through academic education or extensive professional experience in
- respective areas in a financial services company. Moreover PIMCOs EMEA business activities require knowledge and experience with EU regulation.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory environment and expectations for Portfolio Management, Trading and Client facing activities, including but not limited to
- requirements under MIFID II, MIFIR and MAR, Money Laundering Directives, etc and respective local implementation in German regulation.
- A clear, detailed, logical approach with excellent record keeping and the ability to work with little supervision is essential.
- Clear, concise communication skills and experience at presenting complex subject matter to business audiences is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English and German.
- The candidate must be a team player with ability to foster good working relations and support the team´s professional standards and client service orientation
- Flexibility in approaching complex subject matter and understanding the business needs in the context of regulatory requirements is crucial