We are looking for talented Junior Software Developers with competencies in the related technologies and who are motivated to be part of this exciting and challenging field, to join our ground systems development group in Darmstadt, Germany. You will be a part of a team of software engineers with different levels of experience who are passionate about their work and create with it the right environment for working and teaching/learning. Moreover you will be exposed to different projects including communication with our end clients such as the European Space Agency and Eumetsat in Darmstadt.
Your tasks will include the following:
• Support in design of software functions according to formal specifications;
• Support in software implementation following modern, professional software engineering standards and methods;
• Unit and component testing of the implemented software;
• Software delivery to agreed timescales and quality requirements;
Additional responsibilities may include:
• User requirement analysis and software requirements specification;
• Integration testing;
• Acceptance testing;
This is a one year internship program starting in 2021 during which you will have the opportunity to contribute actively to ongoing projects and gain real life experience and knowledge about the Space industry. You will be located at our office in Darmstadt, Germany.
Upon a successful completion of the program you have the possibility to move into a permanent working contract and continue the work in our exciting domain.
Qualifications & Competencies
You are about to accomplish or you already have a university degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject and can demonstrate first experience in as many as possible of the following topics:
• Data Science (Data Processing, Engineering, Analysis, etc.)
• Data Processing (Python, Pandas, NumPy, etc.)
• Data Visualization (Plotly, Bokeh, Pandas, etc.)
• Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (Keras, TensorFlow, ScikitLearn)
• Time Series Data (Databases, Analysis)
• Python programming Language / Paradigms
• Linux, as a software developer;
• Source code configuration control (Subversion or Git);
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) for documentation;
• Fluent written and spoken English.
Ideally you also understand principles of:
• Software modelling using UML;
• Java programming language;
• C++ experience
• Object-oriented design and programming methods;
• Client / server applications programming;
• Eclipse IDE, Eclipse RCP;
• OSGi-based component frameworks, such as Apache Felix, Apache Karaf;
• JavaFX and FXML;
• Message-oriented middleware technologies (JMS and related implementations such as Apache ActiveMQ);
• Relational databases (MySQL, Oracle) and SQL;
• XML, XPath, XSLT and associated technologies;
• Software development processes and lifecycles;
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodology;
In addition, you should have the following characteristics:
• Being able to work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, in particular in relation to applying engineering standards and methods;
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, able to work independently;
• Enjoying working in an international, multi-cultural team where all work processes are in English
• Knowledge or passion of the space domain would be an advantage.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development;
• Challenges in advanced technical environment;
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere;
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Liliane Bromberg Carvalho by telephone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [E-Mail anzeigen]
Application deadline: Ongoing