Role and ResponsibilitiesWorking alongside our data scientists and software engineers, you will be part of a dynamic team that delivers:
- Development of Macros and Scripts to specification
- Liaising with staff to develop internal softwares for unique data management applications
- Potential to provide innovation and offer unique solutions to the data management problems we encounter
- This role is intended to provide support to personnel responsible for the expansion and maintenance of substance regulatory data on our central Hive database, and support to projects requiring custom manipulation and reporting of regulatory data.
- This will involve the use of automation and computation methods (such as native spreadsheet functionality, program-specific macros, and external scripts) to enhance the process of extraction and treatment of data from a variety of sources (such as web pages, downloadable documents, etc.). This would be carried out in tandem with building and maintaining a suite of data management tools, with a view to further automating the process of finding, extracting, and processing relevant data over time.
- For this, and for tackling the unique challenges of special projects, the role will require a creative problem-solver, able to look at problems in the abstract and come up with novel solutions.
Profile and QualificationsEssential
- Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Grounding in macro languages Visual Basic for Applications and/or Google Apps Script
- Some wider grounding in programming, and the ability to pick up new languages and methods quickly
- Good understanding of HTML
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving with complex data structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logical and analytical with an instinct for solving problems
- Good at working well on your own and as part of a growing dynamic team
- Ability to successfully manage a fluctuating workload and work well under pressure
- - Broad understanding of web development
- Familiarity with web scraping
- Experience with using a version control system (e.g. Git)
- Experience with SQL and databases
Weitere Jobs finden.
Hier findest du alle 9.832 Jobs.