Management Consultant (m/f/t)
RWE AG, Essen, Germany (DE)
To start as soon as possible, full time, permanentApply nowWorking for a start-up and a corporate group sounds like a contradiction? Not from our point of view. RWE is setting up a new in-house Consulting unit and therefore looking for new colleagues to team up with us and join us on this journey.
RWE’s in-house Consulting unit is part of the RWE AG holding company and supports the entire RWE Group with three service lines: Management Consulting, Lean Consulting and Change Consulting.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a Management Consultant to work within our international leading energy house which is expanding not only in Europe but across the globe.
Our Management Consulting team provides advisory services to our clients in order to create value, maximize growth and improve business performance across all business units within RWE.
As a Management Consultant you will have the opportunity to work within a motivated team to help the entire RWE Group to find solutions to its most complex challenges. Your responsibilities include gathering and analyzing data and information, formulating and testing hypotheses and ultimately developing recommendations. With your strong consultative and interpersonal abilities you will work hand-in-hand with your project team members to build experience and long-term relationships within the company. Thereby, you will be supported by senior consultants to help guide your career.
Join our in-house Consulting team to contribute to RWE Group’s flagship projects and help us keep growing and shape our common future: Our energy for a sustainable life!
This is what we offer – an inspiring work place
You will be working in one of the most interesting business contexts: gaining a company-wide perspective, having top-management exposure, real impact on strategy, a focus on professional & personal development, the opportunity to transition into a management role in the energy industry, and a fun team.
Right from the beginning you’ll be making a difference within the team and will be supported through a variety of comprehensive on the job learning & benefits:
- Career development models including dedicated onboarding, mentoring programmes and regular feedback meetings & a steep learning curve
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus and further benefits (e.g. company pension scheme, company car, etc.)
- Open and diverse company culture with flat hierarchies
- Great team spirit & an office located on our new state-of-the-art Campus
This is how you create impact with your team – for the greater good
You will engage in job responsibilities such as the following:
- Learn about the client’s business challenges to understand and discuss their business needs
- Interview or facilitate group discussions with management, client employees and other stakeholders
- Review and analyse information trough different reports and researches
- Effectively prepare business proposals, presentations, concepts and analysis reports for the client & management team
- Outline the scope of the work, identify and map out schedules, milestones, and required resources to meet project objectives
- Determine and communicate the work product or results that will be delivered to the client upon project completion
- Conduct research on the organization as well as market research and study market trends
- Conduct any required training classes for employees at a variety of levels
- Meet with the client to ensure the provided solution is working
This is what we’re looking for – to shape a common future
The successful candidate will work directly alongside our clients and management to create instrumental solutions for the business. They should be someone who can look at things from different angles with logical thinking and ideally have the ability to deal with different personalities. Their primary values shall include objectivity, accuracy, meticulous attention to details, goal-orientation and driven to deliver high-quality outputs. Ideally candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Advanced graduate degree (any discipline) and excellent academic record, additional qualifications or certifications are ideal
- Internships or first professional experience, ideally in a consulting business, is a benefit
- Knowledge of diverse business areas is a plus
- Any international academic or work-related experience is a plus
- Aptitude for analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking as well as creative and strategic thinking skills
- Strong research and data collection skills
- Project & time management skills
- Excellent listening, verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Mobile and excited to take on longer assignments and willingness to travel (Mondays to Thursdays)
- German and English language skills – business/professional fluency
If the world of consulting sounds like your kind of environment, then you’re in the right place!
- attractive remuneration
- good transport connection
- social commitment
- Graduate programme
- flexible working times
- International exchange
- career promotion
- employee discounts
- human resources development
- health services
- staff events
- Free parking
- Promoting diversity
- company sport
- free bridging days
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 24241
Any questions? Sven Keuser (Recruiting), T: +49 162 2917693
We look forward to meeting you.We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV and your transcripts. Applicants are selected within the framework of an assessment center.