At Amazon we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth and we are constantly improving how we fulfil and deliver customer orders.
Our goal is to exceed expectations by continually striving to innovate and provide best in class customer support as we expand our logistics products and services. To improve the customer experience we are establishing a group of delivery station based customer service associates that enables real-time, hands-on investigation of where a package is and how Amazon can get it to a customer as quickly as possible. Additionally, it provides customer access to local experts who can provide them the most accurate and up-to-date information about their packages and how Amazon is resolving potential delivery issues affecting them.
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is looking for a Customer Support Team Manager who has a fluency in both German and English, to enable explore this new method of customer service across DE.
Note that this role is a Work from Home opportunity based in Germany.
In this role, you will be supervising a team of (12-15) In-Station Customer Support Associates who provide local customer service for Amazon Customers serviced by Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations. Your team of associates will be based across multiple locations across Germany. In the role you will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your team of associates at each location, this will require you to work with key support functions such as Delivery Station Operations, Program Managers, Recruiting, and Human Resources to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. Experience with operational management and process improvement is an asset and you should be proficient at making decisions in the midst of ambiguity. Developing positive working relationships with your team and collaborating across multiple teams will be important for achievement in this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Business fluency in both English and German
- 2-3 years of leadership and people management experience.
- Previous experience supervising individual contributors in a customer service environment, experience within a contact center preferred. Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience implementing change management effectively transitioning programs into large scale operations.
- Proven ability to make and implement decisions
- Proven ability to build relationships quickly
- Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- effectively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; refer to long term plans and goals; prioritize key factors; act convincingly, promptly and confidently
- Fosters a positive team environment and collaboration within the site.
- Easily approachable, cooperative, and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of associates, supervisors and peers.
- Strong, motivated leader with demonstrated ability to effectively define, coordinate and grow an operations team.
- Project management and people management skills.
- Business sense and ability to create, communicate and achieve a vision.