Commercial Analyst (m/w/d)
Varo Energy is a major midstream energy company serving clients across North West Europe. The company refines, stores, and distributes oil products in BeNeLux, France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Varo Energy is a partnership between the international energy and commodities company Vitol, the global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group and the Dutch private investment company Reggeborgh.
As part of the development of the Varo Energy Group, we are now looking for an
Commercial Analyst (m/f/d)
to join our Supply and Trading team in Hamburg, Germany, where you will be part of a young, dynamic and fast growing international team.
You will assist the core commercial staff of the companywhile reporting into the Commercial Director Germany. As Commercial Analyst you will develop a broadunderstanding of oil refining and the international oil tradingmarket. The position we offer you has a specific focus on Germany, one of the biggest and most dynamic inland markets in Europe. Next to market knowledge, you will gain a thorough understanding of business processes, giving you the ideal preparation you for your further career. The position of Commercial Analyst is a key entry level role, enablingcandidates to get immersed in a P&L driven environment and develop core analytical skills. The Commercial Analyst bench has a strong history of feeding into other parts of the shareholderbusiness, including the trading desks.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate and issuedaily price exposure to the business
- Compile daily profitability reports enabling traders to determine how market moves are impacting their positions
- Maintain performance toolsused for reporting to management and shareholders
- Conduct market analysis and calculate business cases as required by traders, marketers and management
- Act as the business’first point of contact toour ICT department regarding the further development of ETRM systems, Business Intelligencereports and other analytical tools
- Maintain data and complex pricing formula’s held on the companiesinformation management system and supportrelatingprocesses for the VaroCommercial Desk
- Communicate and follow-up on hedging instructions with the Derivatives Central Execution Desk
- Graduate with an excellent academic record, probably in an engineering, accounting and/or analyticalor numerate discipline
- Strong quantitative and analytical capability
- Acquainted with hedging tools and techniques
- Experience in a commercial, analytical role preferred
- Clear understanding of valuation conceptsand the basic principles of trading is a pro
- Result oriented and commercialthinking
- Incisive and accurate judgment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure
- Capable of prioritising tasks and meeting critical deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Fluent in German and English,verbally and in writing
DO YOU FIT IN THIS PROFILE?
Then please apply via our Homepage
For all questions regarding the position, please contact Mrs. Anne Reinhardt via +49 (0) 40 361 576 170.
For more information on VARO Energy, please visit our Homepage www.varoenergy.com.