Intern Public Finance (m/w/d)
We are looking for a proactive, results-oriented and energetic Intern to join our Public Finance Team based in Frankfurt for a minimum of 6 months internship with the ambition to join us in an entry-level position thereafter. This is a role focusing on learning how a public finance rating is developed and assisting the team in developing models and ratings. The ideal candidate should be an analytical person with a strong interest in Economics, as well as a career in Sovereign and Public Finance credit risk.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities
- You support analysts during the rating process, including drafting of rating reports
- Draft research and publications on rating-relevant economic and political developments
- Assist the Public Finance team in the development and refinement of its methodologies, specifically for sovereigns, sub-sovereigns, supranational and government-related entities
- You support model development and rating analyses, particularly debt sustainability analysis
- Contribute to the team’s maintenance of databases and rating models
Your Personal & Professional Profile
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and drafting skills
- Good knowledge of economic concepts and familiarity with balance sheets
- Good understanding of the European political economy preferred
- Enrolled/ graduated student, at master level or higher in economics or related degree
- Previous research/ work experience in economics/ finance/ international relations preferred
- Interest in developing a career in (public) finance/ economics
- Strong motivation for learning practical insights into public finance, economic analysis and financial markets
- Highly reliable, with rigorous attention to standards and detail
- Ability to work in a team, but also independently as a self-starter without close supervision
- Critical thinking, curiosity and ability to think outside the box under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is a must; German, French, Italian or Spanish are a significant plus
If this sounds like a journey for you, and you are comfortable working in a target driven environment, we look forward to learning more about you from your application via Campusjäger.
Please note: For non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this job position.
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.campusjaeger.de/s/c6uyM-intern-public-finance-m-w-d