Online Fraud Investigator (m/f)
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services ("TRMS") is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned.
Amazon is seeking dedicated, hardworking, analytical candidates with a proven track record of performance and results-oriented thinking, to join the Transaction Risk Management Team in Cork. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and elimination of online ecommerce risk. All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
The Transaction Risk Investigator position relies on excellent judgement to plan and accomplish goals and will work under very limited supervision of the Manager. Excellent individual problem-solving and analytical skills are used to authenticate customers and complex transactions.
The Transaction Risk Investigator will be required to engage in frequent written and verbal communication. They may also be required to contact customers by phone. Productivity and quality assurance will be evaluated along with the overall contribution to the development of the department.
These positions are ideal for recent graduates or people with customer service backgrounds as training is provided.
- Detailed verification of information provided by sellers registering on the Amazon Platform
- Liaising with Risk Control Analyst for the identification and detection of suspicious activity
- Sellers first point of contact for any verification queries
- Maintain quality assurance controls by providing regular feedback on SOPs and Operational process
- Working within tough business SLA’s
- Deliver effective performance in-line with Investigator goals for quality and productivity
- Liaise with other TRMS departments to ensure successful onboarding of sellers onto the Amazon Platform
- Liaise with other Amazon departments to ensure cross functional success
- Assisting management with escalated cases and cases that need deeper review
- Participate in team meetings
- Make timely, practical, effective decisions
- Opportunity to be involved in mentoring and coaching new colleagues
- Excellent written and spoken business skills and an ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate written responses
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make complex investigation decisions with little to no guidance
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems logically
- Self-disciplined, diligent, proactive and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective prioritization of work time to ensure productivity, fulfill department standards for time spent and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing urgency
- Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations with regard to performance and individual contribution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Passionate commitment to Amazon's emergence as the world's most customer-centric company
- Fluency in English and German both written and verbal is essential (This role is bi-lingual)
- Third level qualification
- Previous work experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of or experience in a fraud/risk management environment highly desirable
Amazon.com offers competitive compensation packages and other excellent benefits. For further information about the interview process, benefits and company history, please visit our website: www.amazon.com
This role is based in Cork, Ireland. A relocation package of €2000 will be offered to successful candidates.