Über Harman International (a SAMSUNG Company)
HARMAN designs, engineers and produces solutions for car manufacturers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and connected services (IoT-solutions). With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, we are admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. We have a workforce of over 30,000 people and are a fully owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. You can find further information here: www.harman.com.
BECOME THE NEXT GENERATION AT HARMAN AS AN
Engineering Trainee (m/f) in our LEAP Program
Every brilliant invention had a beginning.
Our engineers and designers are creative and purposeful inventors. As a HARMAN engineer, you are the driving force behind new product launches, combining your technical expertise and innovation to bring cutting – edge solutions to cars, enterprises and the connected ecosystem. Every day, you push the boundaries of creative design to touch the lives of millions with your passion, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities and resources to succeed.
Our Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP) is a two-year program designed to develop early career, high-performing talent into the next generation of HARMAN engineers through rotations in various positions also apart from engineering departments. You will have 3 rotations in one of the following HARMAN’s global divisions: Connected Car or Lifestyle Audio. Each assignment brings with it a different skill set and challenge where the individual is required to be flexible and focused. LEAP Trainees will benefit from global experiences across multiple businesses and functions, including a mentoring program, internal talent development offerings (HARMAN University), classroom trainings, virtual and self-paced programs while developing a strong peer and global network.
If you are driven to solve complex problems, thrive in a results-oriented environment, and seek a role that strikes your creative and technical abilities, then LEAP is for you!
- As LEAP Engineering Trainee you are responsible for supporting the design, analysis, and development of specific products and technology and for meeting all requirements and specifications set by internal Engineering teams and external customers.
- Propose and develop innovative ideas to drive breakthrough solutions
- Collaborate with peers and project teams globally on critical assignments
- Participate in global program activities that will strengthen business skills and build future leadership capabilities
- Complete an international rotation to increase global exposure
- Above-average Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Telecommunications or related field
- First practical experience in the field of Engineering thanks to internships (e.g. programming of a data base or software modules) desirable in the automotive industry
- International experience through internships, study semesters abroad etc.
- Fluent verbal and written English and German skills; additional languages are a plus
- Passion about the IT / automotive industry
- Analytical thinking and drive
- Intercultural awareness and positive attitude to succeed
- Desire to learn and develop rapidly within the program period
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, results-oriented, matrixed environment
- Geographical mobility
- 3 rotations in various positions of which one is an international short-term assignment
- Meet other international LEAP trainees at the kick-off in our headquarter in the US and during talent development offerings
- Be part of multi-national teams working together with the world’s largest Car manufacturers
- Hands-on, real-world work experience for early-career professionals
- Global experiences across multiple businesses and functions
- Extensive trainings as well as a mentoring program
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible working time
- Sport events e.g. B2Run, ski trips
- Employee discounts on HARMAN (JBL, AKG, Harman Kardon) and SAMSUNG products
Start date: 1st July 2018
Location(s): Karlsbad (Karlsruhe/Stuttgart) or Garching (Munich) and one international short-term assignment
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, or disability. Applications from qualified females are especially welcome! HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve with HARMAN!
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online, which will take you approx. 3 min. to fill out the form and upload your documents (CV, letter of motivation, university certificate, and reference letters) in English language.
Talent Acquisition Europe
HARMAN - Connected Car Division
+49 7248 71 3058