Über PayPal Deutschland GmbH
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
As a German Collections Specialist, you will perform a range of collection duties including monitoring the status of aging accounts and following established policies and procedures to obtain payment on negative balance accounts via email or phone contacts. These duties include but are not limited to responding to email inquiries and phone communication, both inbound and outbound.
The Collections Specialist will also communicate with external vendors via inquires and requires professional written and verbal communication skills. The Consumer Protection Collection Agent position will require keeping current and ensuring compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act while performing said duties.Job Description
Fluent English and German are required for this role
- Responsible for ensuring PayPal is in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act as outlined
- Respond to customer inquiries via telephone communication and email transmission in an efficient and effective manner
- Research and resolve inquiries verbally, in writing, and on-line
- Assist with the creation and maintaining of a comprehensive Collection program including constantly enhancing processes and controls.
- Processing queue items in a timely manner including Kana, Fraud Queues, Correction Tools and SR queues
- Maintain professional interaction with PayPal personnel and customers at all times
- Assist management staff with implementation of procedures
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude while meeting production and quality goals
- Display initiative to take on additional responsibilities geared towards professional growth and development
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
- Remain flexible and adaptable to changes in processes and shifts
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong working knowledge of PC based internet and software applications
- Proficiency in external systems and software (The Internet, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively via email transmission and phone by utilizing proper grammar
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers
- Ability to make a discretionary decision based on research
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment which requires flexibility, especially around processes and shifts (which are subject to change and which can include Saturday work and some late evenings)
- Possess a disciplined approach to working in a highly targeted environment