Junior Service & Interaction Designer (all genders)
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
As a Fjordian, you will unite and inspire designers to create world-class work, elevate service design in the world, and change the way our clients do business by harnessing the power of service design in the products they create. You’re curious, self-motivated, and believe in the power of team play. You’re passionate about the design craft and finding simplicity in a complex world.
Service and interaction design is the core of our user centered design practice. Our designers empathise with customers, identify their needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Service and Interaction Designers work collaboratively with interdisciplinary design teams, take abstract concepts and craft compelling design propositions based on project’s and customer’s needs. As Service and Interaction Designer, you’ll be accountable for user research, strategies, concepts and service and interaction design artefacts at project level.
As a Service and Interaction Designer, you...
- Understand service and interaction design as a discipline and a practice.
- Uncover user needs through research and develop deep insights
- Generate concepts and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Tell an engaging story and clearly communicate design solutions, conceptual ideas and design rationale (both verbally and visually).
- Can quickly sketch ideas, to assess viability and align team on a vision.
- Translate abstract ideas into tangible, engaging experiences that help internal teams and clients learn.
- Consistently push yourself and the boundaries of your design craft to explore emerging areas such as artificial intelligence, voice and mixed reality.
- Partner with design, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Gather deliverables into client-ready presentations.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- 1-2 years of design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Service and Interaction Design.
- High proficiency in English and German.
- Mastery of digital design tools like Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Education or work experiences in strategic service design is preferred.
When applying, please attach your CV and portfolio showcasing your digital work. We are interested in not only seeing your solutions but also your conceptual problem-solving skills and how your visual design work has an impact on digital experiences. We ask that your CV and portfolio is in English.
Please note that you need to hold a valid work permit that allows you to work in Germany.