We are hiring the next generation of top performers!
A sustainable world with clean energy for everyone - that is your mission. And if it is about the future of energy, you think global. Do you have the ambition to follow the ultimate development path towards a top performer within the energy sector? Take up the challenge and you might become one of Vattenfall's talents to help shape the future of the energy landscape! Discover what Vattenfall’s International Trainee Programme can offer you.
Our Vattenfall International Trainee Programme 2017 offers 25 trainee positions. Each trainee position is linked to a department within a business area. Within the programme we strive to maximize your personal growth and development both in individual and group context with top management attention.
Your responsibilities as Trainee Innovation Management & Business Development
Within our department, we are responsible to scout and identify relevant opportunities for the German market (mainly B2C but also B2B) which are suitable to create great value for both our customers and our company. We are furthermore committed to develop those opportunities (market research, business model/business canvas, business case, click-dummy) before transforming them into sustainable solutions (detailed concept, prototyping and development). Finally, we are in charge of launching our solutions and monitoring them actively before handing them over to our local sales unit for further developments. As a Trainee Innovation Management & Business Development, you will be responsible to identify and assess new opportunities for the German market and ideally bring them onto our solution roadmap.
- actively support the innovation process
- identify areas of improvements for such a process, propose and implement the necessary changes
- bring opportunities through our funnel according to our development framework onto our solution roadmap
Your Profile as Trainee Innovation Management & Business Development
Are you looking for a career as an energy specialist, innovative manager or project manager in the energy sector? Then Vattenfall is the place for you. We need great leaders in all disciplines! We are looking for you when you are top of your class, you graduate before September 2017 and have an academic degree. You are fluent in business English and German. Additional fluent world language skills, other than English, is a merit. In the trainee programme we want to mirror society in general. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for
possible assignments throughout the organisation. You identify yourself with our core values: safety, performance, and cooperation.
As a Trainee Innovation Management & Business Development you recognize yourself in the following qualifications:
- Academic degree in business administration, marketing, business development with a specialization in digital marketing, sales and channels
- Proven interest and hands-on experience in entrepreneurial and sales activities
- First experience with agile development methodologies
- Good understanding about IT (especially in the areas of mobile business and middleware architectures)
- Good understanding for UI/UX and overall user experience for digital solutions (web and mobile)
- Education focus preferably on the development of digital businesses and/or digital product management
- Result driven with ability to make priorities to reach deadlines
- Great analytical skills and ability to develop clear-structures and convincing business proposals
- High energy and ability to cope with uncertainty
- Independent working style with ability to create structure and deliverables within a given framework
- Well above average learning ability
- High Emotional Intelligence with ability to work cross cultures
- Fluent in written and spoken English
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kick-start of your career as a future top performer within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and a number of site visits during the seminar weeks. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package. If you provide a good performance during the trainee programme, you will after it has finalized enter our talent pool and also get a personal mentor.
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. Please enclose a list of your grades achieved in your master year. In case you did not finish your master yet, please enclose a list of grades achieved so far. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Program at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme
Last day to apply is February 24th 2017. After applying you will be informed about the exact timeline of the recruitment process. In the first phase, after passing the resume selection, you will be invited for an analytical skills test, a video assignment and a phone interview. After you have passed all three steps, we will invite you for an interview around mid-April. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in the last week of April. The recruitment process will be finalized around the first week of May. The last step will be a preemployment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 1st 2017.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Matthias Gramsch, Tel.: +49 40 79022 2308, firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have questions concerning the content of the trainee programme please contact our programme manager Thérèse Troedsson via Therese.Troedsson@vattenfall.com or +46 70539 5064.